How can you save time during the day while you’re sleeping at night?
When we sleep, we give our bodies time to rest, refuel, and re-energize. However, for many of us, sleep is the first thing we’re willing to give up in order to catch up or get more done.
Unfortunately, we often short change ourselves of needed and deserved sleep, thinking that decreasing this time is the only way to save time and accomplish more during the 24 hours we have each day.
The fact is, even small amounts of sleep deprivation make us vastly less efficient. Getting 7-8 hours of sleep should be one of our highest priorities. But sometimes we can’t get to sleep because of nagging problems or issues on our mind.
Then we toss and turn all night and the things we worry about keep us awake. We wake up exhausted and we’ve still got that nagging problem on our mind and nothing has changed.
What if you could use the time when you sleep to save time during your workday?
By understanding how your brain works, and what environment serves creative thinking best, you can use a new way to solve your problems, save time and let go of the things that keep you awake. Discover how to put your mind to work for you to solve problems while you sleep at night, so you can save time and get more done during the day.
This is how you can Save Time While You Sleep
When you’re awake during the day, your mind is loaded with thoughts. You have on average about 20,000 thoughts a day. Unfortunately for most people, approximately 70%-80% of those thoughts are negative or unsupportive. Which means you spend a lot of time thinking unproductively. It’s the negative thinking that actually gets in the way of achieving the results you want.
Your negative mind stops you from accomplishing what you want because negative thoughts create doubt and fear and that leads to procrastination and inaction. If you’re hesitant about the direction of your goal, then you’re not going to achieve it. That means it’ll take you longer to get the results you want.
During the day, your mind plays a role in determining your beliefs, your habits, your actions and the results you get with your time. When you sleep, your mind goes into a restful state but your mind doesn’t stop thinking.
If you go to sleep worrying about something, it can keep you awake. The result you get might be insomnia, exhaustion, nightmares and a host of other physical symptoms resulting from lack of proper rest and sleep.
On the other hand, if you go to sleep with the intention of coming up with a solution to a problem, your mind will find a way to deliver a solution to you.
Because Your Mind Never Sleeps
Your mind is a filter for all the experiences you have during the day. It’s like a tape recorder. If you feed it negative thoughts and unsupportive beliefs, that’s exactly what your mind plays back to you. If you put positive, supportive thoughts into your mind, it will generate more positive, productive thoughts and ideas. And this is the way it works, every time, unless you direct your mind to do something different.
Remember, you control of your thoughts. So if you go to sleep with the intention of solving a problem, your mind will work all night long to find a way to deliver a solution to you. That’s because you’ve given your mind something productive to do during the night, so it spends that time working to deliver what you want.
It’s really ingenious and it works every time.
Most people don’t realize they have an incredible problem-solving machine in their heads and because they don’t know that, they fail to take full advantage of it and use it when they need it most. And then, when they do get a solution to a question or problem and it pops into their head, they miss it, or they dismiss it or they don’t see it because they’re not looking for it. And then it’s gone forever…
I use this technique to solve large and small problems while I sleep every night and to come up with solutions to everyday dilemmas. I’ve used it to find ways to save time on projects, to save time when I was writing my book, to solve personal and professional issues and to understand what’s keeping me stuck.
How can you use this technique to Save Time While You Sleep?
- Tap into the root cause of what’s keeping you stuck or overwhelmed,
- Figure out why it’s really taking you so long to do your work,
- Discover the true cause of your procrastination,
- Why you’re not motivated to start a project,
- What’s stopping you from being more productive,
- Understand what’s preventing you from getting organized so you can reach your goals and so much more…the personal and professional uses are endless.
What are the Benefits to Saving Time While You Sleep?
- You get to tap into an unlimited source of creativity within your sub-conscious mind to find real answers to your problems;
- While you sleep, your mind goes to work finding solutions that are there but aren’t easily within your reach because you’re thinking about too many other things that are crowding out your creativity;
- Instead of wasting time during the day focusing on the things that are keeping you stuck, this technique gives you time to work on the things that can move you forward;
- This saves time because you reach your goals much more quickly focusing on the problems you can solve while your mind is subconsciously uncovering solutions to more difficult issues.
- As you use this process repeatedly, you’ll come up with ideas for solving all kinds of problems.
- Your new found confidence will open up new opportunities for you and this will save even more time for you to focus on things that really matter to you, that are really important.
Kathryn McKinnon helps executives and entrepreneurs overwhelmed by too much to do and with too little time. This hurts their productivity and puts their work and personal life out of balance. She helps them eliminate the chaos, set priorities and focus on the right goals so they can spend time on important work. As a result, their productivity improves, their energy increases and they get more done which frees up time for things that matter.
She is the author of a best selling book in its category on Amazon, Triple Your Time Today! 10 Proven Time Management Strategies to Create and Save More Time. For personal one-on-one coaching, corporate training and speaking, contact her today at Support@Kathryn-McKinnon.com.