If trying to maintain a sense of balance in your life makes you feel like you’re treading water without a life boat, you’re not alone. Most of us have so many demands on our time and energy, life can sometimes feel like we’re drowning. In this Time Management Article, I suggest you do the Time Management Activity below to see how well you are meeting your goals and responsibilities, while also recognizing and fulfilling your personal needs and wants.
This exercise is designed to help you see where your life may be Out of Balance with
How you Spend Your Time.
True False I don’t spend a large part of my day worrying about things.
True False I know the warning signs and physical symptoms of stress.
True False I know how to keep stress from overwhelming me.
True False The only way I can successfully manage my life is to take care of myself physically and emotionally.
True False Nurturing myself enlarges my capacity to help others.
True False I eat healthy foods and exercise regularly.
True False I get check-ups, go to the dentist, and take preventative precautions.
True False I regularly get a good night’s sleep and give my body the rest it needs to rejuvenate.
True False I don’t spend much of my time doing unnecessary activities just to keep busy.
True False I set aside personal, quiet time for myself, whether I’m meditating or simply letting my thoughts drift.
True False I experience the gifts of each season: ice skating, sledding, bundled-up beach walks; gardening, hiking, more time outside; camping, swimming, barbeques; harvesting the bounty, gathering wood, spending more time inside.
True False Creativity nurtures me, too. I do what I love, whether that’s cooking, drawing, painting, writing, dancing, yoga, singing or another hobby or creative pursuit.
True False Reaching out to others enriches my life. I set aside quality time to be with family and friends.
True False Contributing to the world provides connection and purpose, so I give my time, energy and experience where it is most useful and needed.
True False I notice and heed the emotional signals that tell me I’m out of balance: irritability, overwhelm, worry, fear, inability to focus, exhaustion, resentment.
True False When I think I’m catching a cold, I realize I may have stressed my immune system with overactivity, so I stop, rest, and take care of myself.
True False When I need or want to, I say “no” to requests for my time.
True False I listen to my body and honor the requests my body makes for a personal time out, for such things as a nap, a walk, green vegetables, hot soup.
True False If I have something planned for myself, I don’t just toss that aside when someone makes a request of me.
True False I’m busy, but I find time to do the things I want to do.
True False I’m happy. I regularly experience well-being, contentment, even joy.
If you answered false more often than true, you may want to take a look at the questions to which you answered false and see if you can acknowledge you need to make a change in your life in these areas. No matter what you’d like to change or achieve, the secrets to success are the same…
- Develop Awareness. This is the first step toward balancing your life using effective Time Management.
- Get Clear. What do you want to change? Be as specific as possible. Decide what you want. The clearer you are about what you want in your life, the more likely you are to achieve it.
- Get Perspective. Most people don’t tell anyone what they want or what they’re struggling with. Because of that, they don’t have an outside perspective, so they can’t see their way out of their current situation and they stay stuck.
- Get Support. Very few people, if any, achieve anything great alone. Sports stars and CEOs have team members, mentors and coaches, why not you? Be willing to take responsibility for your life and how you spend your time. Ask the people in your life to support you.
Get Started With Kathryn Today —
Programs, Products or Coaching
If your life is out of balance, then the first step you need to take is to sign up for my FREE EZINE. This is a weekly publication where I share my SECRETS as well as my best TIPS, TACTICS and STRATEGIES for effective Time Management.
- GO AHEAD AND SIGN UP NOW. Signing up will also put you on my list to receive my blog with detailed articles about Creating and Saving more time!
- DO THE TIME IQ ACTIVITY on this site to identify where you need the most HELP managing YOUR TIME.
- Then BROWSE THROUGH MY STORE. I have Time Management PDFs, reports and even a GUIDED MEDITATION to help you RELIEVE STRESS—these will help you get clear and focused to maintain better balance with your life and your time.
- If you’re ready for some PERSONAL ONE-ON-ONE COACHING, you can fill out the form on this site for a complimentary introductory coaching session to START GETTING YOUR TIME AND YOUR LIFE BACK into BALANCE.
Want to know more?
Sign up for my FREE EZINE where I discuss all of this and more in detail. Start learning How to Create and Save More of your Precious Time Today. It’s a great way to get started at a super low investment.
Take advantage of this special invitation now!
Love and Success,
McKinnon & Company
P.S. Check out my NEW BOOK– Triple Your Time Today: 10 Proven Time Management Strategies to help you create & save more time! Its available in my store and is coming soon to Amazon.com!
Executive Development & Coaching for Success, 21 Robert Rd. Marblehead, MA 01945, 781-631-2193
Author’s content used under license, © 2011 Claire Communications
Join my Networks!