Want some Time Management Tips to work smarter with your time?
Do you know the value of your time? Do you know how to leverage your time to get the most value from it? If you try to do everything yourself, if you believe no one can do the job without your help, then you’re missing opportunities to get things done and accomplish your goals more quickly.
Consider these Time Management Tips:
- When you hire someone,
- When you delegate tasks,
- When you put systems in place or
- When you use innovations in technology to automate daily tasks to save time, you’re leveraging your time and getting the most value from it.
Leveraging your time means doing more with less. It allows you to trade time and work smarter, not harder with your time.
Time Management Tips to Leverage Your Time Using Business Innovation
My guest on Time Management Radio this week is Heather Campion, a business leader who knows how to leverage her time. She’s the Chief Administrative Officer of Able Banking, a new innovation in business that puts banking totally online and helps customers save time and money while giving back to the community. During our conversation, we offer lots of great time management tips for leveraging time. You’ll discover:
- How to leverage your time with new innovations in business,
- Where to put your focus,
- The one thing to do in the morning to gain perspective that sets the tone for the rest of the day,
- Time management skills you can use today to leverage your time,
- The 2 things you can do to re-calibrate during the day to reduce stress and use your time more effectively.
Heather is offering a special promotion. Receive $25 when you open an account with Able Banking. You’ll also receive $50 to give to any charity of your choice. Listen to the show to get the promo code and take advantage of this special offer…
More Time Management Tips to Leverage your Time
Doing taxes, bookkeeping, banking, managing appointments and schedules, cleaning the house, shopping for groceries and doing yard work, are all activities many of us have to do. However, some of these activities just keep us busy. We could leverage our time with some of these tasks using new business innovations like internet banking at Able Banking and online appointment scheduling like Time Trade. Using product innovations to leverage time helps us stop being busy and become more productive with the value of our time.
Many women executives have deep guilt and anxiety over having someone else do certain tasks for them. However, something as simple as getting support with some of these activities will change your life. It will free up time for you to prioritize, get focused, become more productive and put yourself in balance.
After I had my car accident, my back would go into spasms whenever I started to clean my apartment. I had no choice but to hire someone to do the cleaning for me. I soon discovered the advantages to this:
- I didn’t have to do a job I really didn’t enjoy which also caused me physical pain.
- I could allow someone else to do it for me, which freed up my time to do other things.
- Spending that time doing things that were productive and were worth the value of my time was a better use of my time.
- I was helping to provide a job for someone else. Plus I never really enjoyed cleaning and I sort of developed an allergy to it, so it gave me a great excuse to hire someone else to do it.
Even after my back pain disappeared, I continued to have someone else clean my home. It’s one of the ways I reward myself. And I have to admit, if my home or office is disorganized or dirty, I can’t function as well as if that space is organized and clean.
Having accountants do our taxes is absolutely necessary! They are experts in their field. They know the tax codes and laws. My husband and I are both entrepreneurs and we don’t have time to keep up to date with all the tax changes. What I pay our accountants to handle this job is worth every penny and it frees up our time to stay focused on the business.
And when my children were much younger, my husband and I regularly hired a sitter just to give us some time together. We would use this time to have “date nights,” to play tennis, have dinner, be with friends, or just reconnect and focus on each other instead of the children. It just gave us an opportunity to nourish our relationship and I honestly think that’s one of the keys to being happily married for over 20 years.
The next time you’re about to do a job or activity try this time management tip and ask yourself these questions:
- Is this activity really worth my time?
- Is this activity worth more or less than the value of my time?
- Is this the best way to leverage my time?
- Is there something else I could be doing that would be a better use of my time?
It’s important you make leveraging your time a priority in your life. And nowadays, it’s easier than ever to leverage your time with new innovations. If you’re not using these easy time management tips and leveraging your time, if you’re not spending time on things that are equal to the value of your time, then you’ll always wonder how to find more time. Get started today using these time management tips and leverage your time.
What are some of the ways you leverage your time? Leave a comment!
Kathryn McKinnon is an executive coach and CEO of McKinnon & Company dedicated to helping you change the way you spend your time so you can change your life. More time management activities, tips and strategies to save time are found in Triple Your Time Today! on Amazon. If you want help changing the way you or your team spend time and are ready for personal or corporate coaching or training, contact Kathryn McKinnon at support@Kathryn-McKinnon.com Use Time Management Tips to leverage your time.